Click Here for a PDF copy of this job posting.
Job Title: Material Handler
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Warehouse Mgr
Stacks products on pallets, using both mechanical and manual means, according to written specifications. Responsible for rotating product in warehouse and for maintaining all areas of warehouse according to specifications. May also load and unload semi-trucks and route trucks, sort and repack goods, mend pallets and pallet racks, move and stack product by hand, and stack plastic shells. Work requires ability to lift and transport weights of up to 53 pounds frequently, ability to stand for extended periods, ability to safely drive and operate a forklift, and basic math and reading skills.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Stacks products on pallets, using both mechanical and manual means, according to written specifications.
- Rotates product in warehouse according to company standard.
- May load and unload semi-trucks and route trucks, sort and repack goods, mend pallets and pallet racks, move and stack product by hand, and stack plastic shells.
- Responsible for cleaning, sweeping, and maintaining all areas of warehouse (including restrooms) and grounds in a safe and clean manner at all times.
- Drives and operates forklift and performs all duties in a safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specifications And Requirements
- Ability to lift and transport weights of up to 53 pounds on a frequent basis in order to transfer cases, load and unload trucks, move freight, and stack products.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time in order to perform duties.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and perform all other job positions in warehouse as assigned.
- Visual perception and ability to stand, bend, twist, stoop, lift, and reach in order to perform duties.
- Proficiency in safe operation and driving of forklifts, completion of safety training, and valid forklift operator’s license in order to perform main job duties.
- Basic reading and math skills in order to read order cards and bills of lading.
- Must be able to work scheduled shift Monday through Friday, plus all overtime required.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
To apply for this position, send an email to KennyD@huesing.com with your name, phone number, resume, and the best time to reach you.