Click Here for a PDF copy of this job posting.
Job Title: Route Sales Driver-CSDs
Department: Package Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: District Manager
Sells and delivers cases of canned and bottled soft drinks in franchise area, merchandising and stocking all products according to company specifications. Works to increase sales volume of new and existing products. Services retail and non-retail accounts, and assists in obtaining, planning, and building displays at major locations. Work requires high school degree or GED or equivalent knowledge, exceptional customer relations and sales skills, sound organizational abilities, responsibleness and dependability, valid CDL and clean driving record, and ability to lift 26 to 80 pound items.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Sells and delivers canned and bottled soft drinks to retail and non-retail accounts in
- a timely manner and according to company standards.
- Safely drives route truck to account locations and accomplishes tasks in safe manner.
- Manually merchandises and stocks products according to company specifications.
- Responsible for proper product rotation, POP placement, and servicing of all customers, particularly key accounts.
- Ensures full availability of product on shelves, displays, and in back stock.
- Repairs damaged merchandising equipment and clean shelves/coolers.
- Responsible for securing all cash and inventory while on route.
- Works to increase sales of new and existing products.
- Promotes customer service, positive company image, and friendly working relationship with customers.
- Accomplishes all administrative duties promptly and accurately as required.
- Maintains route truck in good, safe working condition.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specifications And Requirements
- High school degree or GED and/or equivalent level of knowledge of math and reading in order to perform duties adequately.
- Ability to lift 26 to 80 pound packages, place packages in high shelves, bend, twist, and stoop in order to perform duties.
- Sound customer relations skills, outgoing personality, and friendly and positive attitude in order provide and maintain quality service and work effectively with accounts.
- One to two years route or retail sales experience.
- Must have valid class A CDL and clean driving record in order to safely drive company vehicles, and must be in suitable condition to drive route truck for entirety of working day.
- Proficiency with computer equipment, acquired through previous experience or 2 to 4 weeks on the job training, in order to generate customer invoices and route information.
- Dependability and reliability, as well as attention to detail, in order to provide quality customer service and meet company objectives.
- Knowledge of workplace, marketplace, and industry, usually acquired through prior experience or 5 to 10 weeks on the job training.
- Must have clean and neat appearance in order to positively represent company.
- Must be able to work between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, plus any other hours required and Saturdays as specified.
- Lifting, twisting, stooping, and bending required daily in order to meet service needs.
- Must be able to lift 26 to 80 pound packages in order to merchandise and build displays.
- Must be able to safely drive vehicle (with normal corrected vision and hearing) daily.
- Must not take any drugs or medications while working which may cause drowsiness.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
To apply for this position, send an email to email@example.com with your name, phone number, resume, and the best time to reach you.